A very beautiful short film - Embu.

Loved it! It was interesting to see the Japanese version of seveal arts. It is amazing how many things are the same as in North America and that some are differrent. I remember my wife complaining about removing grass stains from my gi. I can see that the folks in the video will have a similar problem...

There was one form where I would have enjoyed to see the whole form rather than just part of the kata.

Barry, I completely agree...I'm going to guess it's the Iai form/kata with the thrust (Ha upward) that's only shown for second or three during the film? The production company is called "Empty Mind Films" and I believe the entire Embu (or more of at any rate) for a fee.

Their website is:

http://www.emptymindfilms.com

Not sure if the did Mr. Martin's film but it's very possible ~~ I'm glad folks are enjoying it as much as I (who haven't been to Japan either but HAVE had grass stains on my Gi/Hkama :badgrin:

Curtis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..