They get around

Just had my attention drawn to this blade:

http://www.nihontoantiques.com/fss403.htm

The collector who originally owned it was wandering around the web looking at swords and came across it. He bought it at a local fair years ago. He sold it to me. I sold it to an American Ebay member in December 2010. Now it's up for sale again, via Moses Beccera's site. :-)

It's doing some travelling. :-)

Kevin

@Grey :-)

So all I need to do to be rich is to be stranded on a desert island with another dealer and one sword for a month? Cool! :D

Not sure why the guy didn't hang on to it though. He was quite keen to get it. Perhaps he found something he liked better.

I'm not unused to swords getting about BTW. This one amused me though - Moses' photos are also better than mine. As for previous cases - well, several times I've heard that a sword that I've sold to a UK collector has later been sold or P/Xd to another UK collector. Sometimes I've found out that a sword that a UK collector has sold to me was sold to him by another UK collector a few months previously. In one unusual case a sword that I sold to A was sold to B who sold it to C who sold it to me, and I then sold it to D. That however is unusual. D, as I recall, was outside the UK, so the sword in question presumably now joins a merry-go-round in another country. :-)

All in all, it is a very small world. :)

Kevin

@ sanjuro :)

Ah, the most convoluted situation I've found myself in was multiple P/Xs. Party A had a sword on commission. Party B wants it but doesn't have enough ready dosh, so offers cash and another sword. It so happens that Party C wants a sword by that particular smith, but also lacks sufficient funds, so offers another P/X. Party D is after an example of the sort of sword that Party C is P/Xing - as you guessed, he doesn't have enough funds so offers yet another P/X. The figures all add up so that Party A can get his money immediately from the commission sale (a very important point to bear in mind), so shortly afterwards there were swords flying in and out of the house. :) Somehow it all worked. :shock: Everyone departed happy. :) That's the result that I like to see. :D

Kevin

There was a Yamato Tegai wakizashi with Hozon papers that made the rounds in the Rochester Sword study group. Each of us owned it for a few months or a year and after study passed it on to another member of the group. Since we are all friends it seemed to change hands for about the same amount of money. All of us became able to pick out a Yamato Tegai blade in kantei! Sooo not always a bad things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..