Help on books and their value

Marius

Dear All,

I have got a few books in my library, I haven't registered in my file upon purchase (BTW, I use Delicious Library - great application!). Could you help me identifying those and, perhaps, give me a clue as to the market value? I know this is an untypical request, but maybe you would help a failed librarian?

Book 1 has English description of all tsuba, book 7 has an English index by Alan Bale. Any translations or English indexes would be great, do you know if these books have them?

Thanks for your help :bowdown:

post-309-14196790705976_thumb.jpg

post-309-14196790707243_thumb.jpg

post-309-14196790709041_thumb.jpg

post-309-14196790711165_thumb.jpg

post-309-14196790712581_thumb.jpg

post-309-14196790714215_thumb.jpg

Hello Mariusz,

picture boook5.jpg shows this one:

OSAFUNE CHOSHI TOKEN HEN, Hard bound , two volumes, 363 + 366 Pages, 11.8" X 8.0"

One volume with photos+oshigata, one volume with descrition, timetables etc.

Usually I see this for sale at 200-300 EURO.

I do not know of any english index to this book(s).

Greetings

Andreas

PS:of course the topic of these books are the swords of Osafune (Bizen) ;-)

Hi Mariusz,

Yumei Koto Taikan in good condition, would sell around $400 in the States, possibly $500.

Osafune no Choshi I would price around $250.

Both of these books, and none of the others you posted (which I'm not familiar with so I can't comment on value), are included in my index.

Grey

#1 is Tsuba Kanshoki, by Kazutaro Torigoye, looks like the revised 2nd edition of 1975, ltd. 1000 copies. About $300 in good condition.

#3 is Tsuba Shusei, by Tessei Nakamura, first (and only) edition of 1964, ltd. 1000 copies. Has sold for more, but $600 - $800 in good shape is a reasonable price today. Paragon Books has one @ $695 at the moment that's in as good shape as any I've seen.

- Craig

Hello Mariusz,

picture boook5.jpg shows this one:

OSAFUNE CHOSHI TOKEN HEN, Hard bound , two volumes, 363 + 366 Pages, 11.8" X 8.0"

One volume with photos+oshigata, one volume with descrition, timetables etc.

Usually I see this for sale at 200-300 EURO.

Dear Andreas,

Many thanks :-) Danke schön :-)

PS: I need to focus on tsuba, and I need money for further tsuba books acquistions, so two of the nihonto books here are now for sale.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..