Translation please

I would like to see pictures of the whole sword please. I could be wrong of course, and hopefully am, but to my eyes this seems more like a Chinese copy than a genuine Japanese blade.:dunno:The shape and finish of the nakago, the very badly written and lightly inscribed kanji, the megugi ana etc. Several things do not seem right to me.

• Like 1

Yes! Excellent! They do not fake the W stamp. The blade is legitimate, I see nothing wrong with the fittings as legitimate World War II fittings. There is a mystery with the fuchi and tsuba.  Both are World War III items, but they seem mismatched. Whether that was done during the war or after no one can know.

22 hours ago, Kyle68 said:

it appears primarily on Takehisa, Yoshiharu and the Mantetsu blades. Is that correct?

Yes, primarily.  I have single examples of the stamp on Haruhisa, Tenshin, and Kanenori blades, but 13-14 examples on Takehisa and Yoshiharu blades and 26 examples on Mantetsu.  I do have a few examples on Type 19s and Type 95s as well.

The dated blades from the smiths are all 1943 - 1945.  The Matetsu range from 1942 - 1944.