Walter does sayagaki hahahhaha

I do not know if WA Compton had items with English sayagaki, but there was one Kiyomaro on Yahoo JP with similar sayagaki a while back. Of course these items surfacing at Yahoo JP instead of higher profile dealers could be a question mark.

2 hours ago, Jussi Ekholm said:

I do not know if WA Compton had items with English sayagaki, but there was one Kiyomaro on Yahoo JP with similar sayagaki a while back. Of course these items surfacing at Yahoo JP instead of higher profile dealers could be a question mark.

Im taking the piss Jussi. It should be treated with enormous suspension 

There was another one of these the other day with pictures referencing some of Compton’s books and a similar sayagaki.

There seems to be many of these Compton masterpiece swords popping up recently with suspicious papers.

I understood Hamfish and I agree with you. I was just curious if someone knows if Compton had this type of sayagaki for some of his items. There have been several of them in Yahoo Japan, and I would guess they got at least the idea from somewhere. Unfortunately I haven't got books about Compton collection, and so much time has gone by since his passing. I do know that he was extremely well regarded in Japan and I feel there would be a prestige having an item that was once in his collection.

• Brian changed the title to Walter does sayagaki hahahhaha

Dear All.

Just out of interest I checked the sale catalogues and there were three Kanemitsu, one in each part of the sale; one is a tanto, one has kinzogan mei and Juyo certificate and the last is a very different sword to this one.  

All the best.