V1.1 Dealing with Newbies members

robinalexander

Thanks Brian, you raised a valid topic and sought respectable responses...good work.

Reading the first half of your post I thought, I will comment and in so doing, suggest the word 'tsuba' also mean 'blade' as the very same things apply in your context.

However as I read your post and got to the end , you said ......

"I also know that by posting this, I am throwing myself to the wolves!

So, bring it on if you feel so inclined!

I will take the wolves responses one at a time (or maybe not respond at all, it depends on how many wolves there are in the pack!).

Onward my friends!"

Well I didn't have a clue what you meant or why you even bother including that BUT I was saddend to read the level that your topic/question was taken to within hours of posting.  Is it just me being naive...what the hell.

The underlying personal dislikes certainly emerged so quickly (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!) I couldn't believe what came from members and how far off topic it was.

I understand why you closed the thread and I don't blame you....close this too if you want, I won't be offended.

But I regard to your question ... please, no special section or rules for Newbies.  There is no kindergarten in the Army....you rely on the experience and wisdom of others...that's how you learn. That's how the system works.   Yes, some can be a little more abrupt than others but that is life. That's all part of learning.

There are so many great members here and I don't want to single any individuals out but they know who they are ....always offering answers, always offering links...always giving.

So please let Newbies just 'join the fray' and learn from those willing to give.

(At this point I thought I just heard Stephen say 'peace brother')

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that thread could have used some Stephen. I'm sorry he retired from NMB.

Generally I think Brian handled it well and am sorry he has to step in as much as he does. What is this, kindergarten for violent toddlers?

I also agreed with Alex on the point that a lot of us have spent decades helping others just to nurture the hobby. It definitely gets taken for granted. So I don't respond to posts anymore where a $25 book would educate them. C'mon piker... buy at least one book and open it. Read a few pages.

----When someone comes in, pisses on your leg and starts throwing lit firecrackers behind the bar, maybe they deserve the response of getting their head shoved in the Scottish  toilet for a swirly and a few kicks to the arse.

Not my bar, so I won't do it.

I wouldn't have punched him in the nose like Alex did, but https://dictionary.c...ish/had-it-coming-to

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, my friend Curran.

You stated-

“----When someone comes in, pisses on your leg and starts throwing lit firecrackers behind the bar, maybe they deserve the response of getting their head shoved in the Scottish  toilet for a swirly and a few kicks to the arse.”

Not my bar, so I won't do it.

I wouldn't have punched him in the nose like Alex did, but https://dictionary.c...ish/had-it-coming-to

Well, like was stated in the movie True Grit with John Wayne-

“I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man”.

Let’s continue-

Okay Scarecrow. (Curran, Alex, and others on this forum who you know who you are), 

You (and other such Scarecrow members on this forum) have probably scared several people away from further participation on the forum.

Maybe you should just go and ask the Wizard of Oz for a brain!

(If members don't know what the Scarecrow was about in the Wizard of Oz, look it up on the internet!)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

I don`t want to get involved in this too much but i don`t understand you, are you offensive or friendly ?

"The Scarecrow is a character in the fictional Land of Oz created by American author L. Frank Baum and illustrator W.W. Denslow. In his first appearance, the Scarecrow reveals that he lacks a brain and desires above all else to have one. In reality, he is only two days old and merely naive. Throughout the course of the novel, he proves to have the brains he seeks and is later recognized as "the wisest man in all of Oz," although he continues to credit the Wizard for them. He is, however, wise enough to know his own limitations and all too happy to hand the rulership of Oz to Princess Ozma and become one of her trusted advisors, though he typically spends more time having fun than advising." from Wikipedia

Sorry now i assume you dont watched the movies to the end or "looked it up on the internet!" yourself.

• Downvote 1

What the "H--L"  is wrong with you guys!

You just don't get it!

The Ego of some members is  getting in the way of their brains (if they actually have any!).

Since you seem to know so much, do you know what KMA means?

Look that up!

• Downvote 6

Ugh. This person called me "my friend".

But apparently they do that a lot.

Kid- We are not friends. It seems increasingly unlikely that we ever will be.

As for Ego, yeah... I had that Ego-Death thing years back. Soul knocked clean out of the body type thing.

I'm gonna stop there. Best sword fights are usually the ones where the blades don't touch, and I don't wanna engage further.

Fundamentally, I'm not interested. I am thankful to those who keep NMB going.

Thank you to those who handle this sort of....  /thing.

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1