Help identify

Reefishere

I have more photos. Much more detail it just won’t let me upload all. These are interesting, the katana has a material in the handle that’s not stingray. And very interesting damage on the blade . The smaller sword is so detailed pics can’t do it justice. Any help identifying is appreciated. Both are signed. 

IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2044.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

Sherif,

there is a lot to study and learn for you. Both blades seem to be authentic Japanese swords, but we only see the NAKAGO (tangs). The blades have to be seen in full and by close inspection for any judgement.
The first TSUBA is a cast copy; no collector value. The metal parts of the TSUKA (handle) look depatinated, if not cheap reproductions. The second TSUBA is corroded; not good.

A defect on a blade is never interesting in a positive sense, it reduces the value. In some cases, defects can be fatal.

It would be good to show your swords to an expert. Perhaps you have an NMB member near you in Texas?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ROKUJURO said:

Sherif,

there is a lot to study and learn for you. Both blades seem to be authentic Japanese swords, but we only see the NAKAGO (tangs). The blades have to be seen in full and by close inspection for any judgement.
The first TSUBA is a cast copy; no collector value. The metal parts of the TSUKA (handle) look depatinated, if not cheap reproductions. The second TSUBA is corroded; not good.

A defect on a blade is never interesting in a positive sense, it reduces the value. In some cases, defects can be fatal.

It would be good to show your swords to an expert. Perhaps you have an NMB member near you in Texas?

I’d like to find one I’ve been searching for an expert online 

Join this group in San Antonio and take the sword. I got some great feedback when I took my Yamato Shikkake to the NBTHK-EB last weekend. They really are the best venues to learn about Nihonto and expand your knowledge base.