Howdy y'all, names crusader! I may have missed where to put it but I didn't seem an introduction area so I'll put it here. I'm a newbie wanting to get into collecting nihontos, and so I figured I'd join here! I know a bit about the blades and I'm still reading up on them, and I'm slowly saving for my first antique, which I'm hoping to eventually get a edo period or earlier blade. I hope we can get along and God bless.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Welcome Preferably!   You just missed the Introductions forum, found here:

Here at NMB, we differ from most online forums and require a minimum of a real first name.  We like talking to real people! :)

Hey thanks! Sorry about the name not included and if it's understandable if I can't say cause of it. I will however not reveal my real life name, as the Internet is a dangerous place! If I can't stay still, so be it and I wish y'all the best God bless.

• Confused 4

There's really no danger in sharing your first name. If it were, i'd be in some serious peril having social media accounts and a Linkedin.

The Nihonto community is smaller than most "collector communities". On this website people buy and sell items, join local clubs, chat and meet up at regional events.

It's a personable hobby, and it will benefit you in the long run to be yourself and not just "anonymous crusader"

Just my two cents, and with all due respect.
All the best, and welcome to the forum!
-Sam

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Crusader7781 said:

Hey thanks! Sorry about the name not included and if it's understandable if I can't say cause of it. I will however not reveal my real life name, as the Internet is a dangerous place! If I can't stay still, so be it and I wish y'all the best God bless.

You realize you could just post any first name, doesn’t really have to be yours.  No one would know the difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1