WW2 Japanese 1000 stitch belt

On 6/8/2024 at 12:52 PM, Swords said:

already sold

Steve:

If I may make a suggestion...I don't know if you already do this but you might want to make a copy of all the different translations on the things that interest you. These things tend to have the same sort of sayings and you could reference back to a file when you come across another one. My file has over 200 pics with translations.

John C.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 6:11 PM, John C said:

Steve:

If I may make a suggestion...I don't know if you already do this but you might want to make a copy of all the different translations on the things that interest you. These things tend to have the same sort of sayings and you could reference back to a file when you come across another one. My file has over 200 pics with translations.

John C.

Good idea ( :-) )!. Around 30-some years ago I did an article for the JSSUS Newsletter that was titled something like "Translating Flags and Banners". It showed examples of the most common slogans, such as "BU UN CHOu KYUu", "HISSHOu", etc.

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swords said:

Thanks John Good idea 

No problem. For further info, I take a screenshot of the nakago, or whatever, then label the pic with the translation. Here is an example of what it looks like.

John C.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 4.38.30 PM.png