An upgrade. KOTO Yamato/Yamashiro osuriage Wakizashi?

Hello everyone,

I have finally sold some of the beginner pieces from my collection, and would like to purchase something papered and in-polish. I'd like to get the best "bang-for-my-buck" quality wise; so I was thinking O-suriage mumei Wakizashi with NBTHK attribution papers. Let me know if you think this is a bad route with my given budget and experience - I am always open to more experienced advice and opinions. 

My tastes gravitate toward Yamato and Yamashiro den, and the older the better... I enjoy admiring swords that exhibit masame, mokume, hakikake, and suguha hamon. Length is less important to me at this stage in my collecting. In a perfect world I'd buy something Awataguchi or Rai, but I've got to keep my expectations realistic :rotfl::rotfl: (but this gives an idea of the aesthetic I admire)

I was hoping to find a good example of Yamato Taema, Hosho, or maybe Shikkake. Anything old Yamashiro would be awesome, but I just don't think I have the funds for that. Something in shirasaya so I can focus my $ on the blade. I don't want Mihara or Uda.

Is something Kamakura or Nambokucho too much to ask?
Hoping to find something in the States, and have started shopping around. 
I will be at the SF sword show this August, if anyone would like to discuss some blades in person. 

Budget: ~$3,500

All the best,
-Sam

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray Singer said:

There is an excellently priced Chiyozuru katana for sale within the group right now for even less than the budget you stated. 

Good call. That is a really nice looking piece with excellent activity in the Hada. Fine polish too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1