Looking to re-wrap type94 handle “Tsuka”

Greetings, I’m looking to see if anyone could point me in the direction of an individual that can traditionally re-wrap the handle “Tsuka” that I just received in the traditional way to the same “similar” color as originally Type 94. I can supply the Mekugi. Here are some very not great photos from a friend that a bought the sword from. Thanks again God Bless

IMG_5197.jpeg

David McDonald gets the most mentions:

Japanese Swords, Antique swords, WWII swords, Tsuka-maki, Translations, Restoration, Sell, Buy (montanairon.com)

Chris Lohman also advertises the craft.  Don't recall hearing any word-of-mouth on his work:

Japanese Sword Restoration Parts & Supplies - Fred Lohman Company (Japanese-swords.com)

There are many others, though.

If you find someone please post back. I've been hearing that a lot of the "good" ones who do tsuka-maki only take on higher end work. 

$200 for David Mcdonald to do a re-wrap on a katana seems like a very reasonable price. 

On 5/20/2024 at 3:03 PM, Bruce Pennington said:

David McDonald gets the most mentions:

Japanese Swords, Antique swords, WWII swords, Tsuka-maki, Translations, Restoration, Sell, Buy (montanairon.com)

Chris Lohman also advertises the craft.  Don't recall hearing any word-of-mouth on his work:

Japanese Sword Restoration Parts & Supplies - Fred Lohman Company (Japanese-swords.com)

There are many others, though.

Looks like Chris is dead?

• Sad 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..