Jihada
Other Hataraki Visible
Flaws
Sword Location
Will ship to :  CONUS
Payment Methods Accepted : PayPal 
Price and Currency :  $4250

Other Info and Full Description

Izumi No Kami Rai Kinmichi Wakizashi for sale. $4250 plus shipping. I bought it from Danny Massey at Nihontocraft.com back in 2017 I believe. Tokubetsu Hozon papered. Ubu. 

Let me know if you have any questions or want more pics. I’m still having the hardest time resizing pics from my phone. So, I’ve just sent a link for the Imgur page. 

https://imgur.com/a/c7WD1mV

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow. I guess the market really is that bad right now for these. I would’ve never imagined such a beautiful, Ubu, Tokubetsu Hozon blade would take so long to sell.

I already sold the Katana by the same smith a couple months ago, but this one isn’t getting much interest…and it’s even nicer than the katana was imho. 

Is it the lack of pictures to see? Having to go to the Imgur link? I feel like this is priced fairly, let me know in the comments what you guys think :dunno:

Evening Sean,

IMHO you have a beautiful blade by a well known smith set at a very fair price and shown in quality photos. If both of your swords had been on sale in Europe I would have considered to make you an offer - very probably for them both. Shipping to Denmark (customs and all) however is just not a viable option. You have so many nice swords available in the US while we in Europe lack that option due to severe restrictions on import from outside EU.

Really hope this one finds a new home.

All the best

/Soren

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 5/2/2024 at 3:23 PM, Grevedk said:

Evening Sean,

IMHO you have a beautiful blade by a well known smith set at a very fair price and shown in quality photos. If both of your swords had been on sale in Europe I would have considered to make you an offer - very probably for them both. Shipping to Denmark (customs and all) however is just not a viable option. You have so many nice swords available in the US while we in Europe lack that option due to severe restrictions on import from outside EU.

Really hope this one finds a new home.

All the best

/Soren

I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully, someone that can appreciate this wonderful blade as you would, will see this and buy it. 

• Thanks 1

HiSean,

Really sorry but I cant use the imgur link? Get the opening pic and then rubbish?

Maybe there are more like me- canf see it so cant buy!

Sad to see you broke up a pair- think that was a wrong move- waks dont sell aswell either.

Better links to pics please.

Cheers 

Mike

• Wow 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:48 AM, shakudo said:

HiSean,

Really sorry but I cant use the imgur link? Get the opening pic and then rubbish?

Maybe there are more like me- canf see it so cant buy!

Sad to see you broke up a pair- think that was a wrong move- waks dont sell aswell either.

Better links to pics please.

Cheers 

Mike

Hi Mike,

I’m not sure why you can’t see the pics from Imgur. I’ve checked the link and it seems to work fine. I’ll try posting the link again here https://imgur.com/a/OXu7wKR

As far as separating the Daisho, there wasn’t a lot of interest in the pair for some reason. I’m guessing no one had an extra $10k laying around to buy both.

Either way, the wakizashi is a much nicer blade, in my opinion, plus it has been papered by NBTHK as Tokubetsu Hozon. Let me know if you need more pics or have any interest in buying it. Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Hi Sean, I can still see only the first image on Imgur. All subsequent ones are random pics.

You need to scroll down and not use the 'right' button to see the additional images. 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2024 at 5:13 PM, Kyoto-13 said:

Hi Sean,

Could you please post a picture of the origami?

Sorry, I’m a bit confused. Origami are made of folded paper. I don’t have any origami. 

5 minutes ago, seanyx11 said:

Sorry, I’m a bit confused. Origami are made of folded paper. I don’t have any origami. 

Hi Sean,

Can you please post a picture of the  NBTHK Tokubetsu Hozon paper.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, seanyx11 said:

Although 'Origami' is the generic name for the particular art of folding paper, it comes originally from its first meaning of simply 'folded paper'. Thus folded paper certificates are often referred to as Origami (or just 'kami') within this context.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, seanyx11 said:

Its the yellow paperwork in the yellow envelope shown in the top right corner of your first photo we would like to see.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 12:02 PM, Kyoto-13 said:

Hi Sean,

Can you please post a picture of the  NBTHK Tokubetsu Hozon paper.

Hi, I apologize for the late reply, I haven’t been getting my notifications for responses in this thread for some reason. I posted the paperwork picture in the post before this. Let me know if you want more pictures or even a video and I can send them to your phone or email. I just can’t figure out how to reduce the size of the pics I have on my phone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sean, you have a beautiful sword and your price is great and under normal conditions I, or someone else, would have purchased it by now.

For me, the fact that the US economy is in such a poor state and getting worse, it makes me feel very uneasy parting with any funds at this time.  And I believe it to be the primary reason why it is taking many folks so long to sell swords and other items that are not considered essential.

Depending on what happens during the rest of 2024 will either ease many folks' mind or they will continue to 'batten down the hatches' and whether this financial storm.

Just wanted you to know that it definitely is not you or your swords fault for not selling quickly.

Warm Regards,

Jesse