Three Crows Before Full Moon Motif

Vermithrax16

Made timeless by the Risendo School artist Mitsumasa, the eerie feeling they can evoke is moving.
This example by Yoshinori (Muneta School) has much of the same power. In hand it has a certain presence.

This kozuka really hits me hard and absorbs one's attention. One of my absolute favorites.

Yoshinori_Crowfront1.thumb.jpg.232192dbc0f8e53fb658dc7597707c87.jpgYoshinori_crows_frontflash.thumb.jpg.c8823d43f1fa192115c0e26dbf129cc6.jpgYoshinori_crowsflashback.thumb.jpg.3cf47033e4c3ebaf74158ad049f054fb.jpgYoshinori_Bitchuprovinceinfo.thumb.JPG.30a098b6df5d7a802ab21a6f6c103def.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 9

It seems someone has been posting masterpiece level work while I was off winter hiking in the mountains.

Thank you for sharing this J.

The first time I saw one of these Risendo School Crows under the Moon was shortly after 9/11 in Sotheby's.

It was a spark of beauty that rekindled the spirit after the horror of sight, sound, and smells we had just been through.

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..