2024 NTHK East Coast Shinsa - Orlando Show

On 6/1/2024 at 5:48 PM, Ron M said:

Anyone taking swords to this show? I sent Dan an email but he didn’t respond. I know Moses is but who else? I know it’s short notice.

Regards 

You mean for shinsa submission for others?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ed said:

You mean for shinsa submission for others?

Yes sir, I wanted to go so badly this time but life…anyway so yes.

Regards 

Ron

On 6/1/2024 at 6:48 PM, Ron M said:

Anyone taking swords to this show? I sent Dan an email but he didn’t respond. I know Moses is but who else? I know it’s short notice.

Regards 

Ron,

Sorry for the slow reply, was working out of town and did not check my messages on here. <-- please forgive me. I sent a message back to you. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out.

Dan

Please note - pre-registration for the event has closed. Timeslots will be mailed out this week. You can still submit swords at the show. Come see me in the shinsa room after 13:00 Friday I am sure we can fit everybody in.

-tch

• Like 2

I am starting to get some last minute enquiries as to my Orlando Shinsa service. There is still time to make this happen, but time is of the essence! I am driving from South Carolina to Florida on Thursday June 20th so items for shinsa MUST arrive to me by no later than Wednesday June 19th. I will do everything I can to help out, but I need to plan accordingly for how to pack my items, and yours as well. Help me help you! lol.

Please feel free to reach out and get your blades to shinsa. There is still time, but we are just 2 weeks away.

All the best!

Dan

• Like 2

My padded gun case is filled with what I am going to bring to the show and/or shinsa. I am very much looking forward to both the show and the NTHK shinsa.     

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I will have tables at the show as usual. If anyone attending needs any parts or unusual items let me know. I will ave my usual swords (many NBTHK papered) and tsuba and misc. But i have limited space so will not bring everything. If i know someone needs something like gunto handles, gunto parts, books, parts etc let me know and i will pack them

see you soon

Mark Jones

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mark said:

If I know someone needs something like gunto handles, gunto parts, books, parts etc let me know and I will pack them

If you have it, I need the koiguchi for at type 3 RS saya, as well as the kojiri for the same saya. <-- long shot I know, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Thick brass seppa.

You are the best Mark!

Hello all,

Yes, the Orlando Show's hotel room block is officially closed but as of today guests have still been able to reserve into the hotel for the weekend. If you have any issues give us a call and we'll try to help. 2024 will have (18) US States and Canada represented by table holders and our local advertising, NTHK shinsa (and Fx's Shogun series) are all creating a good Orlando buzz for a great show.

See you there!

Mark C.

• Like 3

I am very much looking forward to my vacation and attending the show and NTHK shinsa next weekend. I have just packed up everything that I will be bringing to the show this afternoon.  :glee:    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, Soshin said:

I am very much looking forward to my vacation and attending the show and NTHK shinsa next weekend. I have just packed up everything that I will be bringing to the show this afternoon.  :glee:    

Started my packing yesterday. I have so much that I have to pull a trailer to bring all of it!

• Wow 1

First day of the show was a great day. Great show, Great people and a lot of Great swords. Sold a few things, purchased a few things. Sent 4 swords into Shinsa and all 4 passed, pretty happy. Thank you Mark for another GREAT SHOW. I am looking forward to the next two days

MikeR

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Michaelr said:

Sent 4 swords into Shinsa and all 4 passed, pretty happy.

Would love the see results. :)  Maybe give use the basics like:

1) Item: KATANA/WAKIZASHI/TANTO/ ETC.

2) Mei or attribution if mumei

3) # of points.  
4) Interesting notes or anecdotes.  Did you think it would pass?  Did it match your expectations? What did you like about it? Etc., etc.

This is a chance for you to be able to put nihonto into Shinsa evaluation.

I am happy for those who had good results, it would be extraordinary to have more opinions and information?

Thank you. 

I had submitted two swords to the shinsa on day number two. One sword is a signed katana and the other is a signed and dated tanto. Both passed NTHK shinsa! :glee: 

• Like 4

On 6/21/2024 at 9:45 PM, Michaelr said:

First day of the show was a great day. Great show, Great people and a lot of Great swords. Sold a few things, purchased a few things. Sent 4 swords into Shinsa and all 4 passed, pretty happy. Thank you Mark for another GREAT SHOW. I am looking forward to the next two days

MikeR

it was great meeting and chatting with you.

Dan

Mark, his family, and team did a great job with the show............. If anyone has thoughts about the shinsa that should be a separate thread as Mark doesn't  have any control over the shinsa other than arranging for the space etc.

I think Orlando is growing and hopefully will continue to prosper

see you next year

mark

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Mark, his family, and team did a great job with the show.............

Mark Ceskavich, and family, did an excellent job with the show. Nicest group of people to work with as well. I look forward to next year!

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 7:58 PM, Toryu2020 said:

IMG_2170.jpeg

I see my short ken tanto in the middle of the table, flanked by 2 of my katana. 597, 598, 599. Ken Tanto was actually sold, just before taking to shinsa so new owner took possession as it left shinsa.

On 6/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, Toryu2020 said:

Shots from the Shinsa room day one and two. 

IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg

I hope the LARGE stack of pink papers on the table at the top of the pics wasn’t a bad sign! ;-)

• Haha 1

It was a smaller team this year so we did not process as many items as in previous shinsa. That being said pass/fail rate was consistent right around 50%. It seems no matter where we perform these events, Chicago, Tampa, San Francisco or Orlando the pass/fail rate is pretty much the same.

-tch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 7:53 AM, Bugyotsuji said:

Haha!

Just bare feet would have been better... :thumbsup:

I agree!

The young fella in the second picture was facinated by the armor, and the light saber. Just before packing up everything on the table, I put the armor on for him. I offered to put it on him, but he was worried about the weight of it.

Still had a good time, and lots of pics were taken.

• Like 1