Help on the value of a damaged Katana

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I tried to find with no luck

Well mate, what a great question, that I wished you hadn't asked :laughing:.

My rationale - Considering the couple of mentions from other members on the thread I thought I would blow the picture up on the computer because I really couldnt see what they were referring to  either.  

Then I saw exactly what Christian  @DoTanuki yokai posted above.  Like Christian, I am no expert on Fuji moons but, to me this looks rather nice even though the moon is way off to the right (possibly over the Asagiri Plains - see pic below ;-)) than typically right over Fuji-san.

Maybe a 'poor man's' fuji moon but I could love it all the same.

Ya think, too much artistic licence or just too much time on my hands? :)

Screenshot_20231021_204625_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20231021_204308_Photo Editor.png

Screenshot_20231021_211147_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Yes, as the seller, always start higher than you expect to get, knowing that the prospective buyers are going to come in low - then you meet in the middle.

It works good on TV anyway and in sales books.:glee:  The general public is not sophisticated enough to understand the sales processes.  

The sword market is filled with Sharks because it's an emotional purchase. I have to have it and right now is NOT a good position to be in.   

So you’re saying the Hamon is Mt Fuji with a moon? Did the sword smith do this intentionally? I thought it was just by chance. I noticed the the swordsmith has a medium straight hamon and then transitioned to a billowing. Is that something the swordsmith does intentionally 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..