Japanese auction sites

I was wondering about this site: Japan Sword Wakizashi / Dagger - Art * Sword * Specialty * Auction! WINNERS (winners-auction.jp)

which is one of several listed. Can anyone advise if a buyer outside Japan can simply register and then bid on an auction item? Or do you need to go through a 3rd party to get items from this site (and all the Japanese ones listed) ?

thanks

You need a proxy bidder, and they won't do swords. Usually fittings are ok through someone like Buyee, but then you need to pay the fees. For swords, you need to go through someone like Kelly Schmidt. You won't be able to purchase direct.

9 hours ago, Brian said:

You need a proxy bidder, and they won't do swords. Usually fittings are ok through someone like Buyee, but then you need to pay the fees. For swords, you need to go through someone like Kelly Schmidt. You won't be able to purchase direct.

Thanks for the information. Is there any link to Kelly Schmidt and what has been your experience or understanding with this type of purchase ? 

I got an email response from Kelly. Unfortunately he can't post blades to Australia because of some silly Victorian state law. I live in the state of NSW so this is so frustrating. Anyone in Australia encountered this issue ?

I will see what his prices are llke for tsubas, tsukas etc when he sends me an electronic copy of his monthly sale list. 

• Confused 1

Got an email today from Kelly, he made a mistake and thought I was in Victoria (heaven forbid). He can post me blades and ko-dogu. 

He uses Japan Post and this is a link showing the current weight cost excluding insurance.    https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html

Will look into what is value for money for me. I am sick of eBay and Jauce and all their padding costs. 

• Like 1

Kelly can still post to Victoria as the L-A-W law is a local Victorian State piece of insanity legislation and not a Federal Customs/Australian Border Force legal imposition.  I should know as I and others do get swords into our Victorian state from overseas countries.  I can't believe that the Japanese authorities prohibit posting swords to Victoria as it is most definitely not illegal to do so.

BaZZa.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..