Barn find(final)

Noah

Here is the last of the pictures and I just want to give a big thanks to Brian and everyone else who helped me the past couple of days with figuring out what this is. I am so very thankful for your guys help. This has inspired me to maybe start a collection of my own. I have talked to my stepdad and we have decided that the next time we take a trip to San Francisco that we are gonna catch one of the NCJSC meetings and see what to do from there. We will probably get it polished and get its papers. Again thank you everybody and I will post pictures here when the sword is finished. 

16A3B9B2-86A9-4311-A491-CE7186668D8E.jpeg

1B03639F-AF2A-4748-88CF-190B040CA120.jpeg

1123EC41-F2A6-47C5-81AD-3574A1B2B471.jpeg

31EA0C74-1F85-4553-AEFA-95834C129E6B.jpeg

0611FC78-3240-4DFC-A188-E8B0DFEE047D.jpeg

BF82102E-7343-45E4-B5D7-08FBC88B9606.jpeg

C2FF9BF4-4F49-4CFE-BAE4-0C933D0C7F80.jpeg

EF557748-1CF9-4879-8300-BBA439842FBB.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I shouldn't have brought up this topic because after thinking about it, I don't want to share this piece of knowledge. That said, there are some disturbing elements in the engraving of the mei and they are visible to all. Even the keisho seems different

Gassan comparaison.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Jacques,

In the absence of more detailed images, my opinion is that the differences you highlighted are all well within the limits of variation I have seen in Sadakatsu's mei.

Cheers,

Bryce

• Like 5

Guest Simon R

I think the pertinent pages of someone's reference books may have got "stuck together" once again. 

(And, as the person in question so very often tells us, absolutely no credible information can be gleaned from mere photographs.)

11 hours ago, Bryce said:

Thanks Jacques,

In the absence of more detailed images, my opinion is that the differences you highlighted are all well within the limits of variation I have seen in Sadakatsu's mei.

Cheers,

Bryce

For two swords that were supposed to be made together? And there are many other variations that I have not pointed out. This sword will have to be proven to be shoshin.

8 hours ago, SRDRowson said:

I think the pertinent pages of someone's reference books may have got "stuck together" once again. 

(And, as the person in question so very often tells us, absolutely no credible information can be gleaned from mere photographs.)

I don't care what you think and as far as hada and hamon are concerned, yes the pictures don't add anything, it's not the same for the mei which are clearly visible.

Guest Simon R
42 minutes ago, Jacques D. said:

For two swords that were supposed to be made together? And there are many other variations that I have not pointed out. This sword will have to be proven to be shoshin.

I don't care what you think and as far as hada and hamon are concerned, yes the pictures don't add anything, it's not the same for the mei which are clearly visible.

"This sword will have to be proven to be shoshin."

Wow, really? You mean like every big name sword?

"I don't care what you think..."

Fair enough comment. However, based on your predictable, knee-jerk call of "gimei" on the previous Kiyomaru, the NBTHK don't seem to care what you think either. 😘

However, based on your predictable, knee-jerk call of "gimei" on the previous Kiyomaru, the NBTHK don't seem to care what you think either.

I admitted my mistake and even used it as an example and once again what you say goes over my head at 12,000 feet

On 3/3/2023 at 2:20 AM, Jacques D. said:

because after thinking about it, I don't want to share this piece of knowledge.

Jacques:

I'm really not trying to pile on here. But I, for one, am on this board to learn. If you have some knowledge, please share it without reservation.

Thank you,

John C.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 4:02 AM, Baba Yaga said:

“It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward.”

-Rocky 

Until he sparred with Ernie Shavers for a film part. He told Ernie to hit him normally; result was a left hook that put Rocky in the bathroom spewing before he was carted off to hospital :)

3 hours ago, Shuko said:

Until he sparred with Ernie Shavers for a film part. He told Ernie to hit him normally; result was a left hook that put Rocky in the bathroom spewing before he was carted off to hospital :)

Ya, I read that. Hilarious! Good quote. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..