Type 95 Copper handle authentication.

I have the opportunity to buy what I believe is an authentic type 95 sword. Serial number is low 2000's. I took really bad pictures and didn't realize it until after leaving. I don't have my Dawson's sword book with me as I am on vacation and didn't expect to potentially buy a sword. Any help is greatly appreciated.  The sword and Saya are matching numbers and the Saya does have the correct drag though, I had forgot to picture it. The blade isn't in super good condition though i didnt picture it, either. will be stopping by the place again when driving back home.

20230131_123128.jpg

20230131_122914.jpg

20230131_123058.jpg

Kenneth, given their relative rarity, your probably not going to quibble and if comes down to having one or not, then it dosent really matter but as an observation only....the locking mechanism appears to be protuding from the tsuka a little more than normal....similarly, the clip seems to have a bend that normally is not there.  Could just be the angle or as a result of missing seppa.

Just things to keep an eye on but given their age and arduous service life it's probably all par for the course. Nice find :)

Screenshot_20230201_094003_Photo Editor.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..