Daisho tsuba

Matsunoki

Hello from the UK

These tsuba are from a recently acquired Daisho. They are heavily age patinated.

Please can anyone tell me anything about them? Any particular school/age etc? I’m guessing very late Edo and a brass type alloy?

Many thanks in advance. 
All the best

Colin

CE1E876D-5F49-4AB7-8231-CEB979DE05AA.jpeg

65FC38F2-FEF3-44F6-BDAD-68FD9E3854DF.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kurikata said:

these are very common tsuba you can find easily on the web. They have been  mass produced during the meiji area.

Thanks Bruno. I knew that they were nothing special but they are pre Meiji. They came from a Bakumatsu period daisho where the Samuarai put all his money into the blades and the saya!……out of interest…..

The man to see is GRC  Glen Cordner he has been collecting images of these for sometime and must have close to  90 examples so far - each a utsushi but also individually unique.

Also an old thread here:

One not to bother with:  https://www.buytsuba.com/Hawk-Japan-Samurai-Sword-Katana-Copper-Fitting-Tsuba-Fuchi-Kashira-Menuki-10.html

Hawk/Japan Samurai Sword Katana Copper Fitting-Tsuba+Fuchi+Kashira+Menuki

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..