Muromachi period Wakizashi in Shirasaya

vondude

For sale is muromachi period mumei wakizashi in shirasaya setup with NBTHK judgement paperwork. I purchased this from daimyou54eb and had this for about a year. Still has a decent polish and very visible hada and hamon. From the habaki to the tip of the blade measures 16.75 inches in length. The habaki is a little on the loose side but still functional. Asking $1,500 

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ROKUJURO said:

To me, this looks like a very good offer. A nicely shaped MUROMACHI blade in good condition with papers - have one made new at that price! :dunno:

(I am hoping to get $ 900.-- from EK for my comment)

I really appreciate your comment but your commission is just a tad bit steep

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 8:26 PM, ROKUJURO said:

To me, this looks like a very good offer. A nicely shaped MUROMACHI blade in good condition with papers - have one made new at that price! :dunno:

(I am hoping to get $ 900.-- from EK for my comment)

Agree Jean, hence why i expressed my interest with the seller, wouldn't usually go for mumei nowadays but see it as a fair deal.

The shape is interesting , never owned one like this and like Seki.

There is difficulties here though, for both seller and buyer. The seller is new to this site so that makes selling difficult as folk are cautious about sending hard earned money to folk they don't know.

If all was well, would have suggested a middle man, someone well known. 

Even if the seller sold with someone like Ray on commission im pretty sure he would have received his asking price after the sale.

Im still waiting for better images. The sword is advertised here but im no member so cant view. https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/thread/next/69278

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..