WTB my first Nihonto Wakizashi

over8ted

Hello everyone, 

I'll start by saying I'm but a humble novice and a collector at heart. I've been collecting for a couple of years and decided to step into the next realm to buy my first Nihonto. I'm looking for a traditional piece to admire and learn more about. Below I've outlined what I'm trying to find, and I'd like to see what's available before making a purchase since this is my first Nihonto. I would prefer something in the US as I don't want to deal with the import process. I'm in Texas with shipping zip 78754.

Budget: Around $2,000 USD, under budget is great as well.

Condition: No restoration needed - I would like one that is in nice condition with both (Koshirae and Shirasaya if possible, if not then just Koshirae) with a nice looking blade, kozuka a must (kogai a bonus), fittings, wrap, hamon, etc. 

Signature: Highly Preferred but not necessary

Period: Edo, Muromashi, or open to others as well.

Length: I would like one around 20 inches, larger is better. 

Fittings: Traditional. 

Paperwork: Would like a papered blade, NBTHK. 

Please let me know what you have.

Maybe I should have worded my post in more detail. What I listed out was things I would "like" not necessarily a requirement. I wanted to see what's available in my price range so I am open to what's available. Thanks for the warm welcome, David....I hope you win the lottery. 

I know your heart was set on full koshirae but that will be a tall order. Fittings alone could cost half or 2/3 of your budget.

I don't know what you are into or if you have even figured that out yet. Did you see the blade below? If I hadn't just bought a blade I would have jumped on it already. Wouldn't be going wrong with it that's for sure, it is a beautiful blade.

11 minutes ago, Seth said:

I know your heart was set on full koshirae but that will be a tall order. Fittings alone could cost half or 2/3 of your budget.

I don't know what you are into or if you have even figured that out yet. Did you see the blade below? If I hadn't just bought a blade I would have jumped on it already. Wouldn't be going wrong with it that's for sure, it is a beautiful blade.

Hey Seth, I actually went through the for sale section quite a bit and saw this blade, it is very beautiful. My post was a nice to have, and not a must have. Thanks for sending the link!

Archived