Help with reading katana mei..

sechan

Thanks Steve!  Wish I had filed the previous photos of the exact same thing.  I assumed Bubba did the first one, but after seeing yours, I'm thinking it was done by the original owners.  While it is certainly possible the same Bubba got a-hold of both of them and did this, or 2 different Bubbas in different parts of the world having the same idea, is possible, the odds are greatly against it. 

The personalization of gunto was far more common than the Regulations perfectionists would like to believe!

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:34 AM, Bruce Pennington said:

The personalization of gunto was far more common than the Regulations perfectionists would like to believe!

I tend to agree Bruce, only human that some will want something a little different and it might have been possible with the right superiors, in the right location and with the 'right' favour.

The colour reminds of of the 'red' that is so prominent on uniforms of British/Australian staff officers.  A clear colour differentiation from other military types.  I have no problem considering  the possibility that some 'staff' officers' may have had more of bent on impressing others than those actually in the field.

Rob

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..