Genuine stamp location? NCO type 95

Ldesu

spacer.pngHi all. I bought a "genuine" type 95 NCO sword knowing nothing about them. And now... Regret it a little. It has the serial number stamped in the saya like this image (different example). Is this a legitimate location for the serial number? It also has kanji(?) stamped on the blade above the serial number. Can get photos if needed. 

Thanks John I don't mean to frustrate you, I was merely asking a general question, not about the specific item. A good set of photos would set the record straight on the actual item but presently it is at the antique dealer store awaiting collection. I will try to get photos in the next few days. 

Sorry to say this Luke but IMO this is a fake, and a very bad one at that.

It may be that the seller believed it was genuine but I can assure you it is not.  I am sure there will be other similar comments in due course and hopefully it may provide some leverage for you to recoup your money.

There are a number of sites that explain how to tell a fake Type 95 but just search on this site "fake Type 95" and you will find lots of info and, with respect, examples of much better fakes than your purchase and reasons why.

Dont be put off collecting...adapt and overcome!

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update the seller accepted the sword back. I can lawfully demand a refund but for now have requested they try to source an alternative, but with the replacement to have its authenticity verified first. They tried to interest me in a "police sword" which will appear in a new thread soon. 

I need to publicly thank Rob and Bruce for their invaluable advice, as experts where I am are basically non-existent. You guys are the best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..