Wakizashi Mei Help

ChuckJ

Hello Everyone!

I have acquired a nice Wakizashi from a friend that we were both interested in and he was able to buy it at the time.  He has since purchased a very old and nice mounted Wakizashi from the mid Muromachi Era.   Long story short I now have to the Wakizashi we were both wanting to buy earlier this year (he need to get some funds back).

Could someone please help translate the Mei so I can dig deeper into the birth of this blade.  I will post a picture of the Mei as it appears on the Nagato and a NBTHK paper with what appears to be the same Mei.  The NBTHK paper is NOT this blade it is for Mei comparison.

Any help would be so much appreciated!

Chuck

post-5163-0-11409200-1573835350_thumb.jpgpost-5163-0-91157100-1573835513_thumb.jpg

My pleasure!

Uwe-San!

With your wonderful help here is what I have discovered!!

One of these two as perfect Mei match the Wakizashi:

Noriyuki 2nd Gen, Jokyu 1684-1688 Bungo Takada-ju Fujiwara Noriyuki 

Civilian Name: Abe Chojiro

Noriyuki 3rd Gen, Genroku 1688-1704 Bungo Takada Fujiwara Noriyuki 

Civilian Name: Abe Matajiro

The source used to compare the Mei...The last four characters of both Mei match the Mei on my Wakizashi's Nagato

https://books.google.com/books?id=ik-E8G6FMQsC&pg=PA78&lpg=PA78&dq=Noriyuki+Fujiwara+Takada+school&source=bl&ots=eqBuWYFcvQ&sig=ACfU3U1CL6iGK3gYFupHQdhRU-S7muO39g&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwibg4T93uzlAhWBUt8KHbzcDQIQ6AEwBHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Noriyuki%20Fujiwara%20Takada%20school&f=false

Please feel free to add your opinion to what I found...Or anyone reading this post I would like to know what you think about this info.

Thank you,

Chuck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..