Jokeishi Masaaki Information, Help Needed

Greetings all!

I have started gathering information on Jokeishi Masaaki and would like to pass on a kind request to all of you with lot of experience and information gathered along the years. I am trying to find as mich information and photos/rubbing scans of Masaaki work to further study my own.

From Markus Seskos book:

Masaaki (正明), Bunkyū (文久, 1861-1864), Musashi – „Sakuyō-shi Jōkeishi Masaaki“ (作陽士城慶子正明), „Takemura Tsune ́emon Minamoto Masaaki kore o seitan“ (竹村恒右衛門源正明精鍛之, „carefully forged by Takemura Tsune ́emon Minamoto Masaaki“), „Jōkeishi Masaaki“ (城慶子正明), civilian name „Takemura Tsunejirō“ (竹村恒次郎, the first name can also be read as „Kōjirō“), he was a student of Hosokawa Masayoshi (正義) and worked for the Tsuyama fief (津山藩) of Mimasaka province but from Edo where he had his forge in the Fukagawa-Morishita district (深川森下町), his gō was „Jōkeishi“ (城慶子), his strong point was the Bizen tradition, dense ko- itame with utsuri, gunome-chōji-midare in nioi-deki with many ashi and round yakigashira, but he also worked in the Sōshū tradition and tempered a notare with kinsuji and sunagashi with nie and broad nioiguchi, he was one of the best students of Hosokawa Masayoshi, we know date signatures from the Kaei era (嘉永, 1848-1854) to the third year of Meiji (明治, 1870), he also signed his name „Masaaki“ with the characters (正日明)

I have so far found only one photo from auction house, one from NTHK publication and of course Seskos index information along with Fujishiro references.

So if you have any sources that have photos of his blades, mei and general information, please pm me or for the educational purposes feel free to add to this topic!

Thank you in advance!

Br,

Antti

Antti,

it's going good...

Shinshinto Taikan Page 491-494

Nihonto Koza Vol. V AFU page 109,112,150,185,270,271,281

Toko Taikan page 547

Markus Nihon-Shinshinto-Shi page 53,61 and 62

Best Regards

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..