Serial number dating on type 95 nco swords ??

Does anyone know if theres a production dating list for the different manufacturers of the type 95 nco swords ? Have a 3rd pattern nco Tokyo First Army Arsenal inspection mark "To" stamping serial number 141882 and wanted to know a possible year dating on that number range

cheers

Phil

post-3135-14196899001545_thumb.jpg

Hi Phil,

I am not aware of any lists that have survived but the iron tsuba version came into being early 1941 I believe so your sword was made after that if it's a "3rd pattern" as referred to in Dawson. Hopefully someone else can narrow that down further.

Regards,

Stu

Thanks Stu ,

Apologies , its the 1st variant ( according to Dawsons book) with the aluminium handle and copper tsuba , which Mr Dawson has as possibly produced Sept 1938- early 1941 , couldnt find a date listing of serial numbers so possibly no records exist.

Cheers

Phil

post-3135-14196899012862_thumb.jpg

Thanks Stu ,

Apologies , its the 1st variant ( according to Dawsons book) with the aluminium handle and copper tsuba , which Mr Dawson has as possibly produced Sept 1938- early 1941 , couldnt find a date listing of serial numbers so possibly no records exist.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

I doubt any records exist at this point in time but that's just a personal view. Also, I believe your sword has a brass tsuba, not a copper one. Is it the 11mm thick version or the 9mm thick type?

Regards,

Stu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..