3 tsuba for sale - REDUCED

growlingbear

Hi all,

I have three tsuba for sale. They are located in the UK and I am happy to ship worldwide. Payment by PayPal, I will cover the fees but the buyer pays the postage costs. Once sold, I will make a donation to the board. If you're interested attributing these tsuba better than me, check out my books for sale: http://militaria.co.za/nmb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20741

First up, a nice Tosho tsuba SOLD.

Thanks,

James

Second tsuba is a sukashi Ko-Shoami guard which I believe dates to the late Muromachi period.

Measurements are 8.1cm x 7.9cm, and it is 4.5mm thick at the centre and 4mm thick at the rim.

The design of the guard is a Matsukawabishi type mon with two fundo (weights) motifs at the top and bottom. Quite a few variants of this design exist, often attributed to Owari or (ko) Shoami. I (in discussion with others more qualified than myself) believe this guard is Shoami due to the thinness of the plate, the shape of the seppa dai and the variation of thickness across the tsuba. The mimi shows tekkotsu and the surface of the tsuba has at one point been lacquered, much of which still remains.

More hi res pics on request, I'm asking £160 or $250.

post-3379-14196951866207_thumb.jpg

post-3379-14196951874373_thumb.jpg

post-3379-14196951879277_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

James

Archived