Fittings books for sale

growlingbear

Hi everyone,

I have some books on fittings for sale which I'm happy to send worldwide (they are in the UK at the moment). Let me know if there are any questions:

Tsuba Shusei (Nakamura Tessei) £300 ($470)

Limited edition of 1000 (number 966). This is an excellent, big book (about 10"x14") with over 500 pages - more than 2000 tsuba are illustrated, mainly in black and white. Really good,everything organised in schools so even though it's in Japanese it is fairly easy to navigate. Condition of the book is good.

Tosogu no Kigen (Masayuki Sasano) £130 ($200)

Another limited edition, this is number 956 (not sure what the total was). Hardcover in good condition. Goes into detail about Sasano's theory on the history of tosogu. A translation of the text is available online.

Tsuba Kanshoki, 1975 edition (Torigoye Kazutaro) SOLD

Number 228 of ??. Hardcover in good condition, the cardboard sleeve has some stains but the book itself is fine. This is the bible of iron tsuba! Hundreds of tsuba shown on over 500 pages. This book has English captions for all tsuba which makes it especially useful.

Akasaka Tsuba (Sasano) £35 ($60)

Softcover book in Japanese on Akasaka tsuba. A book published in (I think) 1966 which discusses the various generations of Akasaka makers. Some rubbings and plenty of photos. 40 pages.

PayPal for payment, I am happy to cover the fees but the buyer pays for the shipping. Remember some of these are quite heavy so it might cost a bit to send them abroad!

Thanks for looking,

James

Gents,

for all who think seriously about studying tsuba - the first three books are a must! (Akasaka book is great, too if you are interested in this particular school).

I have to say that the prices are very attractive. I remember byuing my Tsuba Shusei for almost twice as much.

Archived